Francis X. DeLone, Jr., M.D.
Associates in Plastic Surgery, Inc.
Suite 2405, Riddle Memorial Health Care Center II
1088 W. Baltimore Pike
Media, PA 19063-5139
(610) 566-6722 fax
Crozer-Chester Medical Center
Suite 301, POB 1
1 Medical Center Boulevard
Upland, PA 19013
PRACTICE WEBSITE: www.mainline-plastic-surgery.com
PLACE OF BIRTH: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
1968-72 B.A. University of Pennsylvania
1973-77 M.D. Jefferson Medical College
1972-73 Country Day School of the Sacred Heart Secondary School Biology and Chemistry
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING & FELLOWSHIP:
1977-78 Intern in Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
1978-82 Resident in General Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital Philadelphia, PA
1982-84 Resident in Plastic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
1984-85International Hand Fellow, Derby Royal Infirmary, Derby, England
1986 Clinical Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
1999 Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery Drexel University, School of Medicine
1977 Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners Pennsylvania – Certificate No.MD 021290-E
2002 Delaware – C1-0005896
1998 Montana – License #7831 (Inactive)
1986 American Board of Plastic Surgery
1983 American Board of Surgery
1991 Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand
Main Line Health System
- Chief of Surgery, Riddle Campus 2014 to present
- Chief of Division of Plastic Surgery 2007 to present
- Crozer-Chester Medical Center
- Springfield Hospital
- Christiana Care Health System -Courtesy Staff
PROFESSIONAL & SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES:
American Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
Pennsylvania Medical Society
American Association of Hand Surgery
American College of Surgeons
Philadelphia Hand Society
Pennsylvania Hospital Residents Society
American Medical Association Award for Continuing EDUCATION Medical Education
Annually since 1995
PRESENTATIONS – 1994 and after
1. Endoscopic vs. Open Carpal Tunnel Release, the Patient as the Judge”
Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery, Quebec, October 1994.
2. “Management of Difficult Wounds”
Grand Rounds, Department of Surgery, Crozer Medical Center, March 1995.
3. “Total Ear Reconstruction in the Burn Patient”
American Operating Room Nurses National Congress, Atlanta, GA, March 1995.
Also presented at V-Luna Army Hospital, Manila, Philippines. November 1998
4. “Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel – 2 Portal Technique”
Thomas Bond Society Symposium, Pennsylvania Hospital, April 1995.
5. “Lower Extremity Salvage Utilizing Microsurgical Free Flap Reconstruction in Severe High-Voltage Electrical Injuries”. Other Authors: Haith, L., McClellan, R. M., Patton, M. L., Shotwell, B., Witham, R. S.
American Burn Association Meeting, Albuquerque, NM, April 1995
6. “Advances in Hand Trauma” Trauma Center Conference, Crozer Medical Center, May 1995.
7. “New Techniques in Carpal Tunnel Surgery”
Hand Surgery Round Table Panel, Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery,
Washington, DC, 1996
8. “State-Of-The-Art in Breast Reconstruction”
AORN National Congress, Anaheim, CA, April, 1997
9. “Ultrasound in the Diagnosis of Flexor Tendon in Injuries”
Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery, Annual Scientific Meeting, Newport, RI, October 1998
10. “The Answer for Ulnar Collateral Ligament Injuries of the Thumb: High Resolution Ultrasound-Assisted Diagnosis”
Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery, Annual Scientific Meeting Philadelphia, Penna. October 2001
11. “Common Hand Injuries for the Family Practitioner”.
Springfield Hospital Healthplex Lecture Series for Family Practice
Residents. November 2001, December 2003, November 2005.
12. “Tissue Expansion for Burns”. Phoenix Society Annual meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
13. “Burn Reconstruction – Common Problems.” University of Pennsylvania Plastic Surgery Resident Conference. May 2008.
14. “Sports Injuries of the Hand”. Sports Medicine Seminar, Springfield Healthplex, Nov 2011
15. “Burn Reconstruction in 2011” Dept. of Surgery Grand Rounds, Riddle Hospital, Jan 2012
16. “Carpal Tunnel Syndrome- Historical Perspective”. HUP Plastic Surgery Resident conference. Nov 2015
Rev. May 2016